Sunday, September 16, 2018

Day 72 - Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Apple Cinnamon Soft Baked Bars and super-human drumming ability



Drummer extraordinaire Nick Nutter showed up at my house for band practice.  He had a bag of Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Apple Cinnamon Soft Baked Bars and offered them to me saying his mom had gotten him a case of them and he knew I was down for all things apples.  I said yes, thanks!  When he handed me the bag, he winked at me.  Was he trying to tell me something?  We had been talking recently about how to get better on our instruments.  Maybe he just had something in his eye or maybe I winked at him but the message was clear, these Apple Bars could be the key to superior drumming ability.  I wondered if he had been eating these things for years.



I started pondering and researching the dietary habits of successful drummers.  I found that a whopping 99.9% of drummers eat!  Of those, a large percentage eat breakfast or snacks.  Most certainly, some of this food is consumed in bar form, as it is quick and convenient for the Rock 'n Roll lifestyle.  Kellogg's is a huge international company and apple is a very popular flavor so it is obvious that many drummers most certainly, quite possibly, to some degree, on some level eat Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Apple Cinnamon Soft Baked Bars!

I decided to put this to the test.  I ate like five of them, gave it a little time to kick in.  I stretched out, took a deep breath and sat down behind the drums ready to throw down some phat John Bonham or Neil Peart beats.  Drum roll please...


I could not play I drum roll if there was a gun to my head or much of anything else!  My brilliant theory turned out to be somehow, wrong.  I guess I'll stick to guitar.


Anyway, Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Apple Cinnamon Soft Baked Bars are surprisingly good.  They were fresh.  The whole grain oat crust was kind of dry but the proportion of apple filling inside balanced it out.  The apple filling was just sweet enough with a little cinnamon.  Yeah, not bad.


Next time, I review two products, Kar's Yogurt Apple Nut Mix and Ballast Point Red Velvet Stout.  Crunch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment