Saturday, January 16, 2021

Day 99 - L'epicurien Apple Cider Confit with Calvados

 


Oui délicieux!  My sister Michele and brother-in-law Phil got us a jar of L'epicurien Apple Cider Confit with Calvados for X-mas and it is SO good!  It is made with cider, real apples and Calvados.  Calvados is a French Apple Brandy from the region of Calvados, aged at least 2 years.  I have tried and reviewed this style of Brandy before.  See link:  https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/6199633319259306530/7548514375789816815   

L'epicurien Apple Cider Confit has a great flavor with bits of apple and some nice brandy flavor.  I tried it on an English muffin, I didn't have any French muffins. I also tried it on toast and with some aged parmesan cheese which really brought out the brandy notes.



L'epicurien is a French company that makes jams, jellies, dips, spreads ect...  They have some other killer products.

Well folks, and I use the term loosely as I rarely say folks.  My next post will be my 100th apple blog.  It will be a recap of my apple journey so far with picures, stats, reflections, predictions, predilections and ponderings.  All the stars will be there for this prestigious event so please join me and crunch on! 
                       


No comments:

Post a Comment