Sunday, March 25, 2018

Day 66 - Apple Jacks


A is for apple, J is for Jacks, cinnamon toasty Apple Jacks.  According to a recent review by Tony the Tiger, "They're grrrreat!"  After reading more of the famous tiger's reviews of other products I noticed all his reviews declared, "They're grrreat!"  He is very enthusiastic but I don't know if I can trust his opinion.


Apple Jacks is a brand of cereal produced by Kellogg's and introduced to the US in 1965 as Apple O's.  In 1971, the name changed to Apple Jacks.  Originally, all cereal pieces were orange and O-shaped.  In 1998, O-shaped green pieces were added.  The product is described by Kellogg's as a crunchy, sweetened three-grain cereal with apples and cinnamon.

Being a cereal targeting children, there have been some interesting mascots over the years.  In the 1960's, it was the crude and terrifying Apple Guy.  In 1971, the Apple Jacks Kids became the mascots.  As of 2004, the mascots are a care-free Jamaican cinnamon stick named CinnaMon and an accident-prone apple named Bad Apple.





















Anyway, I like Apple Jacks.  I wasn't sure if they had any actual apples in 'em but dried apples are listed as an ingredient.  To make my Apple Jacks more apple heavy, I added some crushed up Seneca Apple Chips and it was good!

I am a fan of cereal in general.  I eat it most mornings, trying many types and sometimes mixing two or three kinds together.  I tried my Apple Jacks combined with a new cereal that just came out, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Blasted Shreds, boom and it was da bomb diggity!  This stuff has more cinnamon than I have ever seen on cereal and with 26% of your daily dietary fiber, it'll help to keep you regular.  That means poop.                                                                                                                                                   












Next time, I compare three different types of Seneca Apple Chips, the Original, Golden Delicious and Granny Smith style.  Crunch on and get yer chip on!

No comments:

Post a Comment