Friday, April 6, 2018

Day 69 - Seneca Apple Chips


A tale of apple chips times three.  Of tart, of sweet, of balanced thee.  Today, I review Seneca Apple Chips, the Original, Granny Smith and Golden Delicious version.



Seneca Apple Chips are made in Washington state's Yakima Valley, which is noted for being one of the best apple producing areas in the world (also for producing three quarters of the nations hops and many wines).  In addition to the chips I'm reviewing, Seneca makes Sour, Caramel and Cinnamon  apple chips, pear and sweet potato chips.  According to the Seneca website, they believe in farming and making products in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way.  Some example of this: potato starches released during slicing are used to make recycled paper products, produce that doesn't meet their standards are composted to make topsoil and excess cooking oil is used to make environmentally-friendly bio-diesel fuel.

I like these chips.  They are big 'ol slices of apple, crunchy with a good fruit flavor.  They have no cholesterol.  I could not find what type of apple the Original chip is made out of.  The Original and Golden Delicious have 140 calories per serving, 30% of your recommended daily vitamin C and 8% daily fiber.  The Granny Smith have 150 calories per serving, 25% recommended daily vitamin C and 8% daily fiber.

They do all taste a little different.  Golden Delicious is the sweetest, Original middle, Granny Smith most tart.  I mentioned in my Apple Jacks blog that I crumbled some on my cereal and I wasn't lying.  It was excellent!  All three types of Seneca Apple Chips are good and it's hard to stop eating them!

Next time, I review a classic breakfast, Apples & Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal.  Crunch on people, if you don't have teeth, you can still gum the oatmeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment