Sunday, January 21, 2018

Day 58 - Autumn Glory


Glory, glory hallelujah, glory, glory hallelujah, (everybody sing with me) glory, glory hallelujah, this apple from Walmart is pretty good!

Today's apple is the Autumn Glory.  I try not to shop at Walmart too often but I had stopped in for some cat litter or something.  I am not usually very impressed with their produce section but any store I'm in, I check for apples and sho enough, there it was 20 paces away, a shining beacon, a bag of apples of a variety I had never seen before, the Autumn Glory so I bought some.


Autumn Glory is a Washington State apple introduced in 2011 by Domex Superfruit Growers.  It is medium sized, has red skin with patches of yellow and is a hybrid of the Fuji and Golden Delicious

The company claims it has a firm, sweet flesh with notes of cinnamon and caramel and I agree.  There were some caramel notes.  It reminded me of drinking cider with some cinnamon.  I'd love to try some Autumn Glory cider.  A nice surprise from my stop in at Walmart.

Next time, I review Musselman's Apple Butter.  Crunch on and if you don't have teeth, you can still enjoy apple butter!


No comments:

Post a Comment