Monday, January 22, 2018

Day 59 - Musselman's Apple Butter and french toast


Today I review Musselman's Apple Butter.  Musselman's is a family owned company founded in 1907 in Biglerville, PA.  They also make apple sauce, juice and cider, pie filling and vinegar.

I love this stuff!  I have tried other apple butters and this is the best.  It has a smooth, velvety  texture and is sweet but not cloyingly so.  They use a traditional Pennsylvania Dutch recipe using only fresh apples, sugar, cinnamon and cloves.  It has 30 calories a serving which is less than most jams and jellies, butter or peanut butter.

I have only found it in a 28oz jar (it also is available in 17oz) which is big so in addition to using it on toast, bagels and english muffins, my wife Laura has made some killer recipes with it!  This morning, she made apple butter french toast.


She spooned a hefty portion of apple butter between two pieces of mini Italian bread and dipped it into a mixture of eggs with vanilla and cinnamon.  We topped it off with some maple syrup and good lord, yum!

Check out my Day 36 blog, when Laura made an Apple Butter Streusel Muffin, also motherfucking good!  Thanks woman!


Next time, I review the JUICI apple.  Crunch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment