Sunday, February 17, 2019

Day 75 - Peck & Bushel Organic Fruit Co.



On September 29th, I visited Peck & Bushel Organic Fruit Co.  Located in Colgate, WI, just about 30 minutes from my place, I was all like what-what and cool man!  They are an all organic apple orchard started in 2010 by Joe and Jennifer Fahey who produce at least 25 varieties of apples throughout the season.  They are only open to the public August through October.  15 of the apple varieties they grew this year I had never even heard of so needless to say, I was apple curious for sure!  I will definitely go back next August as they only sell some of the apples for a limited time, see timeline below.  I only got to try 3 types of apples this year, the Wolf River, Snowsweet  and Crimsoncrisp, each of which will have a separate review.


Visitors can pick their own apples or buy them in the rustic, barn-like store along with other goodies.  We bought some apple cider and had some of the best apple cider donuts I have ever tried.




So there ya have it, Peck & Bushel Organic Fruit Co. is a great find, check it out southeast Wisconsinite apple lovers!  Next time, I review one of my purchases there, the Wolf River.  Crunch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment