Saturday, April 4, 2020

Day 86 - Apple Sauce vs Apple Baby Food


Easy to eat, even without teeth, delicious and nutritious.  Ain't no shame in it, I like apple baby food but which is better, apple baby food or applesauce?  Read on for a mix-up and a surprise player in da game!

For my taste test, I went with Mott's Applesauce, Beech-Nut 100% Natural Apple Baby Food and Gerber Organic Apple Baby Food.


The common ingredients among the 3 are pureed apples, ascorbic acid for Mott's and Gerber, lemon juice for Beech-Nut.  Mott's has added high fructose corn syrup.

Some stats:

Mott's : 110 calories, 25g sugar, potasium 2%, vitamin C 10%
Beech-Nut : 70 calories, 10g sugar, potasium 20%, calcium 4%
Gerber : 60 calories, 11g sugar, potasium 10%, vitamin C 45%

The baby food is ground more finely than the applesauce.  All 3 smell about the same.  I think the applesauce is too sweet.  Both the baby foods have no added sugar and to me are not quite sweet enough.  The Gerber has the best nutritional value. Based on everything, drum roll please... my favorite is BANANA BABY FOOD!  What happened there, a twist!  That's right, my favorite baby food is Banana!


I have Beech-Nut 100% Natural Baby Food.  It has 90 calories, 16g sugar and 50% of your daily potassium. Yum!


Back to the apple, this is an apple blog.  My favorite is the Gerber.  It has the most pure taste and is the best for you.  Let's make things even more interesting, all 3 apple purees mixed together!


This was a great balance of flavor, sweetness and texture.  Next, I combined The Gerber Apple with the Beech-Nut Banana and a little added cinnamon.  This was the best of all, so good that I gobbled it all up before getting a picture!

There you have it, be young at heart.  If you run out of toilet paper, wear a diaper!

Next time, I review Anderson's Apple Syrup.  Stay safe people and crunch on!










No comments:

Post a Comment