Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Day 53 - Sweetie


Today's apple is the Sweetie.  It is a sexy apple that could easily hang with the head turning Envy, the jaw dropping Smitten, the sophisticated Lady Alice or the big pimpin' Jazz apple!  See previous reviews of these beauties!

The Sweetie is a New Zealand apple that debuted in 2005.  It was developed by combining the Gala and Braeburn.  Two other New Zealand apples that were developed from the Gala and the Braeburn were the Jazz (sophisticated and cool Daddy-O) and the Envy (sweet and sultry).

Sweetie apples have an oblong shape that is narrower on the bottom and the color is a mix of yellow and red.  Washington state was the first state in the US to grow them but now they are grown in several states.

Oh my darling Sweetie, I hope to see you again, so sweet so juicy!

Next time on An Apple a Day, I review the Apple Pie Oreo!  I have got suckered into trying many Oreo flavors (they all look so good) so I had to try this one.  C is for cookie and that's good enough for me.  Crunch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment