Sunday, February 19, 2017

Day 1 - Pink Lady

,

This is day one of my new blog, An Apple a Day.  I love apples and I am amazed by the bounty of different varieties available.  In this blog, I will eat a different type of apple each day and review it.  There will also be musings on apples and apple-related topics such as, does an apple a day keep the doctor away or cool apple products.  I am not an apple expert, these are just my opinions.  Please leave comments on this important topic.  So here we go..............

Today's apple is the Cripps Pink, also known as Pink Lady.  This apple originated in Astralia in 1973 and is a cross between a Lady William and a Golden Delicious.  I have enjoyed this type of apple for many years.  It has a firm texture, the taste is a good combination of sweet and tart but more on the sweet side.  It is juicy and the taste sometimes has a nice floral quality, though today's apple did not have that floral note.  The skin is often pink in hue but can also have shades of red or yellow.  The skin is not always smooth.  Sometimes it is pock marked like Seal or Edward James Almos's face.

Tomorrow, I will review the Red Delicious.  Crunch on!


1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha Battlestar Galactica! I used the following video in my Bio class, the kids liked the apples and Pot parts:
    http://www.pbs.org/thebotanyofdesire/

    ReplyDelete