Monday, February 20, 2017

Day 2 - Red Delicious



Today's apple is the Red Delicious.  The Red Delicious has been around since aprox.1880.  I haven't had this type of apple in quite a while.  With so many good apple varieties available, I gave up on this sub-par apple a long time ago.  Today's tasting confirmed my memory.  

It is a two-faced apple, often beautiful on the outside with a vibrant red, unblemished skin.  It has an attractive shape and a healthy stem.  You see this apple across the room and think, I'd like to get to know her! but then you sit down and start talking to the apple and realize she is no fun to be with at all.  Text a friend to call you about an emergency so you can get up and leave immediately!

The skin is thick and bitter.  Inside, it is sweet but mealy and one-note.  It is also very quick to turn brown.  The ever so common Red Delicious is not for me.

Tomorrow, I review the Golden Delicious.  Crunch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment