Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Day 4 - Gala



Today's apple is the Gala.  The Gala originated in New Zealand in the 1930's.  It is a cross between a Golden Delicious and a Kidd's Orange Red.  They tend to have some vertical stripes and the color is a mix of red, yellow and even some orange.  Gala apples ranked at number 2 in 2006 on the US Apple Association's list of most popular apples,

This is a darn good apple!  It is crunchy, juicy, sweet and tart.  The skin is slightly thicker than that of a Pink Lady.  

When attending your next gala, bring some Gala apples, if that is your idea of a party!  People will like them and say, "thank you.  I am so grateful, you will be my friend for life.  Feel free to use my condo, yacht or my wife any time!"

Tomorrow, I review the Mcintosh.  Crunch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment