Friday, February 24, 2017

Day 6 - Fuji, Pucker, Apple Raisin Bran, Birthday



Today's apple is the Fuji.  The Fuji is a hybrid between a Red Delicious and a Rawls Jennet, developed in Fujisaki, Aomori, Japan in the late 1930's.

This is my favorite apple of the 6 I've tried so far with this blog.  It was delicious, sweet, crisp, juicy, large, round, attractive, with a great personality to match!

I love apples.  I ate a couple other apple-related products today, as I often do.  The 1st was Raisin Bran Crunch Apple Strawberry.  It was ok, not very apple-y.  I remember the 1st time I tried Raisin Bran Crunch Apple Strawberry. it was 3 days ago, when I bought this box.  You just can't fuck with good old regular Raisin Bran.

It is my birthday today.  I wanted to do a shot when I got home,  I noticed I have some Dekuyper Sour Apple Pucker liqueur.  I said sure and did shoot so stated shot.  Pucker tastes just like a sour apple Jolly Rancher, it is very sweet, and sour and 15% alcohol.  Whoop, not the best to drink on it's own but it makes a great mixer!

 I remember the 1st time I tried Pucker.  My wife's Aunt Gloria was having a family get-together.  She put on good family get-togethers, very liquid and awesome food!  I was just a few years out of college, young, naive to the ways of liquor and apples.  I never could have imagined or cared that all these years later, I would have a blog about apples, nor do I or anyone else care now.  None the less, Aunt Gloria offered up the Pucker and I just thought that stuff was the shit, the bee-knees, if you will!

Tomorrow, I review an apple a have never tried, the KIKU!  You don't want to miss this!



No comments:

Post a Comment