Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Day 11 - Honeycrisp


Today's apple is the Honeycrisp.  Many people consider it to be one of the best apples in the world.  It is very sweet with some tartness, it has a firm crisp texture and a thin skin.  It has much larger cells than most apples, which rupture when bitten, filling the mouth with juice.  It retains it's color well and has a long shelf life.

I had my 1st one 5 or 6 years ago and was not that impressed, especially considering Honeycrisp apples are more expensive than most apples, but I've had several since that were AWESOME!

The test subject today was good but was lacking the honey-like sweetness that I expect from a Honeycrisp.  I would rate the apple today somewhere in the middle of the 11 varieties I have tried since starting this blog.

Tomorrow, I review the Jonagold.  Crunch on!


No comments:

Post a Comment