Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Day 17 - Lady Alice


Lady Alice, a cheap floozy or a lady?  Me thinks even Tom Jones would agree, she's a lady, whoa, whoa, whoa, sh'e a lady!

The Lady Alice was a chance seedling discovered near Gleed, Washington in 1979.  It has distinct pink stripes washed over a vibrant, banana yellow background.

Today's apple was wonderful!  It was VERY dense and crisp and had a great mix of tartness (not in a trampy, floozy sense) and sweetness.  My only complaint, the outside was sticky, in fact all of the Lady Alice apples at the store were.  It turns out that Rainier Fruit company waxes their apples to increase shelf life and keep in moisture.  I gave it a good bath and it was good to go, hot to trot, right for the bite!  I knew that wax was added to apples sometimes but I just learned that many apples have a natural wax protective coating, how about that!

Tomorrow, I review a Cameo Organic.  Word up, crunch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment