Thursday, March 23, 2017

Day 30 - Organic Red Delicious


A milestone, my 30th apple review! (cue the applause)   Oh, to be 30 and an apple again!  Today, I revisit one of the lamest apples on planet Earth or anywhere for that matter, the Red Delicious.  This one is of the organic variety.

I will say this, visually, it looks pretty cool.  A Red Delicious is usually a vibrant red.  This one has more of a unique appearance.  The taste is better than I expected but still not great.  The skin is thick, it has an OK level of sweetness, it is not as mealy as some and it at least waited until I was done eating it to turn brown.

I bid you adieu Red Delicious!  You think you're all that.  Sure, I will look when our paths cross but I will touch no more!  I have no evidence to support this but I think the poison apple in Snow White was a Red Delicious!  Here is an image.


Tomorrow, I do something different for my blog since I need to ration the few types of apples I have left and drinking alcohol is fun, Friday night baby!  I will review two apple spirits, Crown Royal Regal Apple Whiskey and Serpent's Bite Apple Cider Flavored Whiskey.  Join me, drinks are on me.  Get yer drink and yer crunch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment