Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Day 18 - Cameo


Cameo, my apple of the day and also a funk-soul group that got pretty big in the 1980's with the hit, Word Up.  Based on this photo, the singer may be hiding a Cameo apple in his pants!  I think that's it, they stuff Cameo apples in their pants and that is how they came up with the band name!  If you would like to see Cameo perform, they currently have a show in Las Vegas.

On to the apple, I have an organic one grown by Viva Tierra Organic.  I could at some point review organic versions of several apples but the type of Cameo I found happens to be organic.

The Cameo was discovered at an orchard in Dryden, Washington in 1987.  It is thought to be a cross between a Red Delicious and a Golden Delicious.  

The 1st thing I noticed about this apple is it looks nice and it is very fragrant.  It really smells appley!  It has an OK flavor, middle of the road sweetness.  It has a consistency similar to a Red Delicious.  Bottom line, this apple is THE BEST for stuffing in your pants!  If you like to eat your apples, I'd pick a different one.  The group Cameo is more interesting than the apple.

Tomorrow, I review the Ambrosia.  Crunch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment