Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Day 23 - Grapple


Today's apple is the Grapple.  Grapples are Gala or Fuji apples soaked in a water and concentrated grape solution to infuse the flavor and scent of grape juice.  It is supposedly a natural grape flavor with no added calories.

Grapples should be called Crapples because they are crap!  They are only available in 3, 4 or 6 packs.  I bought a 4 pack.  I will probably finish the other 3 so they don't go to waste but I'm not happy about it.  They do have a grape juice flavor and and strong grape scent.  I think the company is trying to appeal to kids.  The mascot is half monkey, half grape. That is not even original.  They stole it from the 1975 cartoon, The Great Grape Ape.  I also just learned that Grape Ape is a strain of marijuana, much more popular than the cartoon I might add! Maybe Grape Ape would pair well with the Grappel, hmm?

I'd rather teach the children that apples don't need to be infused with grape juice to be delicious. There is a reason that Gala and Fuji apples are so popular, they are pretty consistently good.  This process robs them of a lot of their natural flavor!  I guess if this really gets the kiddo's to eat fruit, it's ok but I don't approve, no sir-y Bob!

Tomorrow, I review the Koru.  Crunch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment