Friday, March 24, 2017

Day 31 - Crown Royal Apple vs Serpent's Bite Apple Whisky



I'm doing shots for science, it's hard work but somebody has to do it!  Tonight, I am comparing two Canadian Apple Whisky's, Crown Royal Regal Apple and Serpent's Bite Apple Cider Flavored Whisky.

They are both 35% alcohol.  The Crown Royal has a darker color and is a little thicker.  You can see roping on the glass.  It has a stronger apple scent than the Serpent's Bite.  I enjoy them both but ... hold on, I need to pour a couple more shots ......

I'm back.  They are both pretty smooth but the Crown definitely has more of a Whisky taste.  The Serpent's Bite is good.  There is no weird artificial flavor, the apple is prominent but it could just as well be a Brandy or even a Vodka.  

Regal Apple is the sweetest version Crown Royal has ever released.  This does diminish the Whisky flavor somewhat.  I have read reviews that have slayed it for this because Crown Royal is considered a premium spirit and it is fairly pricey.  I however, have a blog about apples so the sweetness doesn't bother me.  I'm looking for the best overall taste and the best apple-e-ness!

There is the price to consider.  A 750ml bottle of Crown Royal Apple goes for $25,99 - $27.99 generally.  A 750ml bottle of Serpent's Bite generally costs between $13.99 to $15.99.  If you are looking for the best apple whisky, Crown Royal Regal Apple is the best but if you don't want to spend that much, Serpent's Bite Apple Cider Flavored Whisky is pretty good.  I will say this, I am feeling it, as research has required many shots.  I will regret this in the morning!

Tomorrow I review the Ida Red apple.  Crunch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment