Sunday, March 19, 2017

Day 27 - Organic Pink Lady and a Song !




I knew our paths would cross again because I like this lady and she didn't protest because she is an apple.  Today I have the Organic Pink Lady.  The Pink Lady was the 1st apple review I did.  It is a great apple.  This is my 1st time eating the organic version.  It is quite good, crisp, tart, a little less sweet than most of the Pink Lady's I have tried and small in size.  

Organic apples are often smaller than the non-organic version although the Organic Honeycrisp I had yesterday was big.  The big question, do organic apples taste and/or look better?  There is not a lot of consensus on this.  Many studies using casual and expert tasters have shown that the answer is based more on emotion and pre-conceived perception than the actual taste and appearance.  Organic is however, better for the environment, our health and the health of the farmers.  At some point, I will do side-by-side comparisons of organic vs non-organic using friends and family members.

Finally, because of my love of apples.  I wrote a song called Apples: A Headbanger's Journey.  I tried to uploaded a portion of the raw demo here but it would not upload so I am posting it on facebook.

Tomorrow, I review the Organic Gala.  Crunch and rock on !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment