Sunday, March 5, 2017

Day 15 - Pacific Rose


Today's apple is the Pacific Rose.  I wrote at the end of my blog yesterday that the review today was for the Ruby Frost.  I apologize to the thousands of Ruby Frost fans out there who also read my blog and have been staring at their phones, tablets, and computers since yesterday, their eyes crusting over, unshowered, unshaven, unkempt, unhinged.  Although, I've heard those Ruby Frost people are like that anyway.  Sorry Ruby Frost people, I kid of course?  On to the Pacific Rose..........

I believe it was Wednesday.  If this was a movie, I would have a black screen up with the word Wednesday in the middle of the screen, with some dramatic music, like in The Shining.  I walked into the room where my co-worker works.  We'll call him Tom Williams.  There was an apple on the console.  I asked about the apple.  He said it was an apple he had never seen before and it looked kind of a like a Pink Lady so he thought he'd give it a try.  He asked if I had ever tried a Pink Lady.  Have I ever had a Pink Lady, I scoffed!  He handed me the apple, it actually smelled like a rose!  Tom called me later in the day and told me I must try the Pacific Rose, I must!  I said OK.  I found one yesterday at Sendik's food market so this had to be my next review.

The Pacific Rose is a cross between a Gala and a Splendour.  It originated in New Zealand, developed by ENZA, a company that also developed the Jazz and Envy apple.  It arrived in America in 1996.

My apple was sweet, crisp, and juicy.  It did have a somewhat flowery taste although it did not smell like a rose, like the one that I smelled at work on Wednesday.  The down side, the skin was a bit thick and somewhat bitter like my foe, the Red Delicious.  This apple was above average.  I will try it again, in fact I bought two of them because of the hype.

Tomorrow, I review the Ruby Frost for reals yo.  Crunch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment