Monday, March 13, 2017

Day 22 - Regret, Redemption, Pinata



I have brought shame upon my household.  Yesterday, I skipped An Apple a Day.  Sure, I will be out of new apples to try soon so days will be skipped but I've got a few apples left.  There is no excuse, I will fall upon my sword!

For punishment, I ate my Pinata apple out in the bleak, glacial cold.  The frigid wind stung my face, my hands and feet went numb.  I could barely keep my footing while maneuvering the sheets of ice. Icicles whipped past me from above, almost impaling me.  Apple juice, snot and tears soiled the newly fallen snow!

Anyway, on to the Pinata.  The name is a combination of the apples's two given names, Pinova and Sonota.  It originated in Germany in the 1970's and is a cross between a Golden Delicious, Cox's Orange Pippin and Duchess.  

My Pinata was dense, it actually felt heavy.  It was crisp, had a good tangy-tart but also sweet taste.  The producers claim it has, "classic apple taste with a tropical twist".  I can kind of see that.  I tasted some notes of melon.  I would not smash this Pinata with a stick!   

Tomorrow, I review something wacky, the Grapple.  Crunch on!




No comments:

Post a Comment