Friday, March 31, 2017

Day 35 - Can't you feel it coming? EMPIRE



Today's apple is the Empire.  I hear Geoff Tate's voice every time I say it!  This is a very petite and pretty apple.  Look at the second photo ... Those are Ranier cherries, it looks very similar, neat!

The Empire originated in Geneva, NY in 1945.  It is the offspring of  a McIntosh and Red Delicious.

My specimen was juicy, firm, crunchy, sweet and a little tart.  Not bad, New York state represent yo!


So, I have now gone through all the varieties of apples I have been able to find this growing season.  I am checking out Cermak Fresh Market tomorrow.  Unless I can find a different type there, I will be moving on to other fabulous apple products!  Coming up:  Apple Butter Battle!, Marzetti Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Dip, home-made Apple Butter Streusel Muffins, dried apples, apple cinnamon bagels, Apple Toaster Strudel and Apple Jacks.  Tune in next time to find out what's next and crunch the fuck on!

No comments:

Post a Comment